Bugzilla is a “Defect Tracking System” or “Bug-Tracking System”. Defect Tracking Systems allow individual or groups of developers to keep track of outstanding bugs in their product effectively. Most commercial defect-tracking software vendors charge enormous licensing fees.
Bugzilla is server software designed to help you manage software development. It has a very advanced reporting system. If you want to know how your bug database looks right now, you can create a table using any two fields as the X and Y axis, and using any search criteria to limit the bugs you want information on.
What Does Bugzilla Do?
- Track bugs and code changes
- Communicate with teammates
- Submit and review patches
- Manage quality assurance (QA)
Bugzilla can help you get a handle on the software development process. Successful projects often are the result of successful organization and communication. It is a powerful tool that will help your team get organized and communicate effectively.
- Optimized database structure for increased performance and scalability
- Excellent security to protect confidentiality
- [advt]Advanced query tool that can remember your searches
- Integrated email capabilities
- Editable user profiles and comprehensive email preferences
- Comprehensive permissions system
- Proven under fire as Mozilla’s bug tracking system