Nationwide Mobile Number Portability is expected to be rolled out by February 2013, to allow users to retain their numbers even when they shift to a different telecom circle.According to TRAI, by the end of October 2012, about 75.14 million subscribers have requested for porting.
Articles tagged TRAI
The number of mobile phone subscribers in India rose to 893.84 million in December with a a growth of 1 per cent, according to the data showed by TRAI. Idea Cellular alone signing 2.39 million new subscribers and about 29.24 million mobile phone subscribers have opted for MNP.
TRAI exempted the machine to machine and person to machine messages from the limit of 200 SMS / day / SIM. As per the provisions of “The Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2010″, no Access Provider shall permit sending of more than 200 SMS / day / SIM.
The Telecom Regulation Authority of India (TRAI) issued a Direction to all Telecom access service providers on ‘Publication of Tariff Plans’ in which TRAI demands the telecos to publish their tariff plans in the newspapers to reduce subscribers’ problems and to ensure transparency.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) increased the limit of 100 SMS to 200 SMS/day per SIM from November 1st 2011, agreeing to the demands of mobile subscribers. TRAI had introduced 100-SMSes a day cap to stop pesky text messages from telemarketers on September 27.
- TRAI Requests Additional info from Telcos on Recent Tariff Hike
- No More Unwanted Calls, SMSes from September 27 – Says TRAI
- Overall Tele-Density in India Reaches 73.11, with 874.68 Million Subscribers (May 2011)
- DNCIndia.com – FREE Service to Telemarketers for DNC Compliance
- 811.59 Million Mobile Subscribers in India, Teledensity is 70.89
- Green Telecommunications – TRAI Consultation Paper Released
- Mobile Subscriber Base in India Crosses 791.38 million
- TRAI to Regulate Banking and Financial Services on Mobile Devices
- DoT and TRAI Warns Mobile Operators to Comply with MNP Regulations
- Call 1909 IVR System, Set Telemarketing Call Preferences
- Block Telemarketing Calls, Dial 1909 Toll Free Number
- Send SMS to 1909 – Start, Stop or Change Telemarketing Call Preferences
- The Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Regulations, 2010
- Telecom Operators to be Penalized for Network Roll-Out Lapses
- 4G Telecom Service in India, TRAI to Start the Process Soon
- Complain About Mobile Phone Service Providers at TRAI Website (Coming Soon)
- Mobile Numbers to Remain 10 Digits, Proposes 2-9 Series for Mobile Phones
- Mobile Numbers in India may Migrate to 11-Digit by Prefixing ’9′
- Indian Telecos not Happy with TRAI’s Per-Second Tariff Suggestion
- TRAI Issues Draft Regulations on Mobile Number Portability
- New Cell Phone Connection in India May Require Two Guarantors