PAST (PAlaeontological STatistics) is a data analysis package aimed at paleontology. Inspired by PALSTAT, it includes common statistical, plotting and modeling functions. It features a spreadsheet-like data entry form, and supports both interactive user interface and scripting.
- A spreadsheet-type data entry form
- Both interactive user interface and scripting
- Graph, scatter, 3D scatter, bubble, histogram, kernel density estimation, box, percentile, ternary, survivorship, spindle, matrix, surface and normal probability plots
- Curve fitting: Linear (ordinary least squares, Reduced Major Axis, Major Axis, robust) with bootstrapping and permutation, Generalized Linear Model including logit regression, lin-log (exponential), log-log (allometric), polynomial, logistic, von Bertalanffy, Michaelis-Menten, sum-of-sines, smoothing splines, LOESS smoothing, Gaussian (species packing), multiple regression.
- [advt]F, t, permutation t, Chi-squared w. permutation test, Fisher’s exact, Kolmogorov-Smirnov, Mann-Whitney, Shapiro-Wilk, Jarque-Bera, Spearman’s Rho and Kendall’s Tau tests with permutation, correlation and partial correlation, covariance, contingency tables, one-way and two-way ANOVA, one-way ANCOVA, Kruskal-Wallis test, sign test, Wilcoxon signed rank test with permutation, Fligner-Killeen test for coefficients of variation, mixture analysis, survival analysis (Kaplan-Meier curves, logrank and other tests), risk difference/risk ratio/odds ratio with tests.
- Diversity indices with bootstrapping and permutation, individual- and sample-based rarefaction. Capture-recapture richness estimators. Renyi diversity profiles, SHE analysis, beta diversity.