The latest version 11.5 of Opera web browser is released. Latest functionality includes speed dial extensions, password syncing, and faster graphics performance.
Opera is available for download as an international build, or as a smaller, localized version. Opera 11.5 support 55 lanuguages, including 5 Indian languages – Bengali, Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu.
Additional languages may be installed to the international version by downloading the appropriate language file. Language files are compatible with Windows and Linux versions of Opera. The Mac version is available as a single international build with all languages pre-installed by default.
Change the browser language
The Opera browser is available in many languages. The browser downloads as an international version with languages pre-installed. If your language is not offered, you may be able to add a language file manually.
Change the language in the browser
To change the browser language to one of the pre-installed languages, follow these steps:
- Select Settings > Preferences > General.
- In the Language section, choose the language from the drop-down list. If it is not listed, see the steps for installing a language manually below.
- Manage your language selections by clicking “Details”. Use “Move up” and “Move down” to set the order of your language preferences.
- Select “OK”. The elements of the browser change to the language of your choice. Opera will also request versions of webpages in the language you prefer, if these are available in more than one language.
Install a language manually
To download and install a language file manually, follow these steps:
- Go to the language files list and find the relevant language file. Note that some localized versions have English help files.
- Download the relevant language file from the list and save it. You could also use your own language file if it is in the appropriate format.
- In Opera, select Settings > Preferences > General.
- In the Language section, select “Details”.
- In the “User interface language” field, click “Choose” and select the language file you saved.
- Use “Move up” and “Move down” to set the order of your language preferences.
Select “OK”. [reference]