The BOLT is a free mobile web browser supporting Java ME applications. The BOLT Browser is available for free downloadable to consumers and by license to Mobile network operators and handset manufacturers.
BOLT offers better browsing experience on even lower-end mobile phones, with Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) 2.0 support. BOLT’s WebKit-based cloud-computing architecture delivers the same web page layout found on desktop PCs. Rather than offering a simplified, mini version of the Internet, BOLT provides a fast, efficient, secure, feature-rich way to enjoy web pages and rich media applications on all levels of mobile devices.
BOLT is a full featured mobile Web browser that supports widgets, direct Twitter and Facebook integration, streaming videos, RSS feeds, social media sites, Google Maps, etc.
- Loads complete web pages in seconds
- Patented navigation and display technologies get you where you’re going faster
- View streaming flash or HTML5 videos from sites like YouTube, MySpace and MTV
- Enjoy Twitter and Facebook widgets with BOLT’s web app platform
- Easily switch between multiple sites with tabbed browsing
- Post to your Facebook or Twitter account directly from BOLT while you browser
- Backup your favorites in the cloud
- Full desktop PC-style browsing on all types of mobile phones
- Run Web-based applications, like Mafia Wars and Google Docs
- Web content is never reformatted, repurposed, or removed
- Browse any site with the best page rendering available
BOLT is currently available in English, Spanish, and Russian.
BOLT also has a specially optimized version for BlackBerry smartphones and works with Windows Mobile and Palm OS devices that employ a MIDlet manager or Java emulator. BOLT was built using the WebKit rendering engine to display a full Web page layout as found on desktop web browsers. BOLT does not interfere with your device’s default browser.
BOLT lite was created in response to user requests, to allow BOLT to run on resource-constrained mobile devices with limited memory, CPU power, and bandwidth. While not as feature-rich as the regular version, BOLT lite features a small footprint (~154 KB) while retaining the benefits of BOLT’s client/server technology, resulting in extremely fast downloading of Web site content and reduced data cost. BOLT lite requires MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0 or higher support. But BOLT lite does not support the orientation settings (landscape or portrait), inline videos, video settings, transport protocol settings, copy-paste operations, favorites/feeds organization, inline editing, find in page feature, download manager, password manager, QWERTY shortcut keys for navigation, widgets, or 3XL magnification.
Security Features of BOLT
- 128-bit secure (SSL) Connection
- Certificate error notification
- Pop-up Blocker
Downloading BOLT is a one-step process. You can quickly and easily install BOLT wirelessly using your phone’s default browser.
Direct your phone’s default browser to http://www.boltbrowser.com/download.html and complete the registration process. You will be directed to a Web page with five download links. Click the appropriate download link and simply follow the onscreen instructions on your phone until the installation process is complete. You will also be emailed the download links at the email address you provide while registering.
Click the BOLT icon once to start browsing using BOLT. [source]