Wuala is a free desktop application for storing, sharing, and publishing files on the internet. It’s available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android, that brings you a secure online storage. Using this, you can use it to access your files from anywhere, to share files with friends and groups, or to publish files for the whole world to see. It is free, simple, and secure. You can safely access and share your files with friends, family, and co-workers.
Wuala is completely private and secure. When you store a file in Wuala, the file and its metadata (e.g. name, description, tags, etc.) gets encrypted before it leaves your computer. Every file is encrypted with a different key. The list of these keys is encrypted with your password and stored on its server.
Wuala does not contain any malware or spyware. You can edit files directly in Wuala. You can upload files of any format to Wuala and the file size is limited to 14 GB. The three core principles of Wuala are security and privacy, bridging web and desktop and economic technology.
- Security & Privacy: Wuala is the place for storing data with security. It protects your data and guards your privacy. In order to protect your privacy, Wuala encrypts the data on your computer before it is uploaded. During the upload, your data is split up into many different pieces and stored in multiple places to make certain that you never lose a single file. For added security your password is never transmitted, which means that no one – not even the employees at Wuala – can see your private files.
- Back up and Versioning: Wuala protects your files with automatic backup and file versioning. With Wuala Backup you can rest assure that your digital life is safe. In case you need to access previous versions of files, or have accidentally deleted a file on your desktop, Wuala lets you restore it, saving you time and stress.
- Sync: Wuala allows you to sync your files – online and across multiple computers. Keep your files in sync with just one click. If you’re on the go and add a file to your Wuala Sync folder, the file will automatically appear on all of your computers, edits on your home computer will instantly appear on your work computer. Your files are always up to date, anywhere at anytime.
- [advt]Store and access: Wuala allows you to store your files online and access them on the go. Access your files from any computer with an Internet connection, wherever you are. Now, you can manage files with your own secure Wuala account at home and at work. Store documents, presentations, images, or media files – anything you want. Wuala’s intuitive interface also makes online slideshows easy, allowing you to select the size of your photos for family and friends.
- Share: Instead of emailing files you can share documents, photos, and media directly from your Wuala account. Using simple filing system, share folders with fellow members of Wuala or send links to your contacts that have yet to join. Links can be accessed immediately – with no registration required.
Be the first to comment