MediaInfo is a free Open-source program that displays technical information about media files, as well as tag information for many audio and video files. It is used in many programs such as XMedia Recode, MediaCoder, eMule, K-Lite Codec Pack, Media Player Classic Homecinema and can be easily integrated into any program using a supplied MediaInfo.dll.
MediaInfo supports popular video formats (e.g. AVI, WMV, Quicktime, DivX, XviD) as well as many lesser known or emerging formats (e.g. MKV, OGM, Real). MediaInfo provides a GUI for easily viewing the information.
[advt]MediaInfo supports many operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux, and many more distributions. MediaInfo provides source code so essentially any operating system or platform is supported. It supports different languages.
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, sheet, tree, HTML…)
- Customise these viewing formats
- Export information as text, CSV, HTML…
- Graphical Interface, Command Line, or DLL versions available
- Integrate with MS-Windows shell (drag ‘n’ drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: display any language on any operating system