Rapid Environment Editor (RapidEE) is an environment variables editor. It includes an easy to use GUI and replaces the small and inconvenient Windows edit box, located in the System Information section. Environment variables are specially named string aliases for basic system properties. They contain information such as drive, path, or file name. They control the behavior of various programs.
- Editable tree: Show environment variables and values as an editable tree.
- Portable mode: RapidEE doesn’t require installation and could be run as a “portable application”.
- [advt]Error checking: Automatically checking for invalid pathnames and filenames
- Multilanguage interface: RapidEE is translated into number of languages (English, Russian, Japanese, French, Polish, German, Italian, Latvian, Slovak, Greek, Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, Swedish, Korean), and the language can be changed on the fly.
- Variable inspector: Inspector shows miscellaneous information about variables: name, type, value, short file name in the 8.3 naming convention for each long file name and vice versa.