FreeRice is a non-profit website run by the United Nations World Food Programme. It has a custom database containing questions at varying levels of difficulty. There are levels appropriate for beginners and levels that will challenge the most scholarly professors. In between are levels suitable for students of all ages, business people, homemakers, doctors, truck drivers, and retired people. It automatically adjusts to your level. It starts by giving you questions of increasing difficulty and then, based on how you do, assigns you an approximate starting level. You then determine a more exact level for yourself as you play.
FreeRice has two goals:
- Provide education to everyone for free.
- Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
It can help you:
- [advt]Better formulate your ideas
- Write more effective papers, emails and business letters
- Speak more precisely and persuasively
- Comprehend more of what you read
- Read faster because you comprehension improves
- Get higher grades in high school, college and graduate school
- Increase your scores on tests like the SAT, GRE, LSAT and GMAT
- Improve your performance at job interviews and conferences
- Sell yourself, your services, and your products more effectively
- Be more successful in your job