Immunet FREE Antivirus is a cloud-based tool which can run alongside most antivirus packages to enhance your PCs security. Its cloud-based nature means it’s very lightweight. Its two core processes typically consume under 14MB of RAM even when scanning it peaked at around 16MB on test PC and of course there are no bulky database updates to download. Immunet always uses the most up-to-date information from the cloud.
On the other hand, the free version of Immunet doesn’t protect you when you’re offline. It has plenty of other restrictions: no “advanced detection and removal” of malware, no scheduled scans, no “deep scans for archived and installer files”; no automatic cleaning of infected files, no “advanced packer support”, no scanning of email databases.
Still, Immunet is supposed to be run alongside another antivirus tool, not used on its own, so maybe these issues aren’t quite as important. And perhaps the program’s major selling point is its lightweight design. If you’re looking for extra antivirus protection which won’t slow you down then it just might be worth a look.
- Fast Antivirus: Immunet leverages the speed of cloud computing to deliver real-time protection to your PC.
- Light Antivirus: Immunet is up to 35 times lighter than traditional antivirus solutions.
- Real-time Antivirus: Immunet provides cloud-based protection that is always up-to-date against viruses, spyware, bots, worms, trojans, and keyloggers without slowing down your PC. No need to download any virus signature files!
- [advt]Companion Antivirus: Immunet is compatible with existing antivirus products to help protect you better. Add an extra, lightweight layer of protection for free.
- Community Antivirus: Immunet’s Collective Immunity technology protects all users the instant that a virus is detected on one PC.