CleanGenius Free is a free maintenance solution to keep your Mac clean and healthy. Just by one-click, it will start to remove the junk files like System Caches, System Logs, User Logs, User Downloads, Trash, Safari Internet Cache, etc. Once installed, it’ll sit in the menu bar displaying a bar chart indicating the amount of space taken up on all your attached hard drives. Click this and a more detailed breakdown of your drives is displayed, along with three options.
The first, Fast Clean will quickly clean out selected areas of your drive – as configured by selecting Preferences – to free up drive space. By default Fast Clean empties your system caches, user caches, system logs and user logs, with two additional options – Downloads and Trash folder – selectable for additional cleaning.
You can also unmount removable media from here, simply by clicking the eject button – a message will flash up once the drive(s) have been successfully unmounted.
You can select multiple apps to remove in one go, but sadly, unlike standalone free uninstall apps like AppCleaner, you’re not shown exactly what gets deleted, so you’ll have to trust CleanGenius on that score.
CleanGenius will appeal to those Mac users who want to quickly clean out their system without too much hassle. More techie users should take a look at a free alternative called Onyx, which has more advanced options and additional cleaning tools, but is less simple to use.
- Fast clean your Mac by one-click.
- Uninstall the unwanted applications and remove related files.
- [advt]Show the available disk space in the menu bar.
- Display a warning when your disk space is running low.
- Customize the space value to display a warning (only available in Pro version).
- Mount and Eject completion indicator.
- Eject the mounted devices, like external storage disks, CD and DVD disks, SuperDrive, network storage, disk images.
- Eject all the mounted devices by one-click (only available in Pro version).
- Click the device to explore files in Finder.
- Select places to clean up junk files.