Archiving lets you tidy up your inbox by moving messages from your inbox into your All Mail label, so you don’t have to delete anything. Any message you’ve archived can be found in All Mail, in any labels you’ve applied to it, and in Gmail search results. When someone responds to a message you’ve archived, the conversation containing that message will reappear in your inbox.
To archive messages:
- In your inbox, select a message by checking the box next to the sender’s name.
- Click Archive. (If you have a message open, you can also archive it by clicking the Archive button.
To move an archived message back to your inbox, follow these steps:
- Click All Mail. (If you don’t see All Mail along the left side of your Gmail page, click the More drop-down menu at the bottom of your labels list.
- Check the box next to the sender’s name.
- Click the Move to Inbox button. [source]
Be the first to comment