Call waiting feature enables you to speak to two callers, one at a time,
How it works?
- While you are talking on your first call, you will hear a beep, and the mobile number of the calling party will be displayed, indicating that a second incoming call is on waiting.
- In the meanwhile, the (second) caller will get an announcement for 30 seconds: “The Reliance customer you are trying to contact is busy on another call. Please stay online.”
While the second call is waiting, you can
- Put the first call on hold and accept the incoming call.[advt]
- Hang up the first call and accept the incoming call.
- Reject the incoming call.
- Ignore the incoming call.
- If you have activated voicemail and set the condition for diverts, the incoming call will be diverted to the voicemail box.
- Otherwise the incoming call will be disconnected after 30 seconds.
If Call Waiting has not been activated, the caller will receive a busy tone. [source]