Noteflight is the best way to create, store, listen to, print, search and share notated music online. If you are a composer, you can use Noteflight to author and manage your compositions. If you are a performer, you can use Noteflight to create and share sheet music that you like to play. If you’re a teacher or a student, you can use it to communicate and collaborate in learning music. It is not a free service.
Use Noteflight to capture your musical ideas in notation – anywhere, anytime – and share them with friends, collaborators, band-mates, teachers and students. It lets you compose, read, print and hear notation and guitar tablature in any browser and on any computer. Your music is online from the moment you create it: share your scores’ web addresses with others, link to your music from other web pages, and even embed music in web pages.
- Unlimited Scores: With Crescendo, you’ll be able to create and access as many scores as you like. Any scores you create will remain available if you later decide to return to the free version.
- World Class Sounds: Give your composition the instrumental variety and playback quality it deserves. Gain access to over 50 high quality digital instruments including orchestral, jazz and rock instruments. From Alto Sax to Xylophone, Crescendo has the sounds that will make your score sound great.
- Direct MIDI Note Entry: Crescendo allows step-mode entry of notes directly from any MIDI controller, so that you can play notes into the score rather than using the mouse or keyboard.
- Print and Edit Individual Parts: With Crescendo, you can print out individual parts directly from a full score. Each part will be printed on its own separate set of pages, in the instrument’s transposed key. You can also view, edit or print any other combination of parts from the score.
- Share with Specific Users: Crescendo allows you to go beyond community sharing, giving you complete control over which Noteflight community members can view, edit or comment on your scores. To share with someone, the only information you need is their user name. Noteflight will automatically send a sharing notification by email with a link to your score.
- Audio Mixer Panel: Use the Crescendo Audio Mixer to control the volume and stereo position of each instrument individually for playback purposes. You can also mute and solo tracks with a single click.
- Color and Hide Notes and Symbols: With Crescendo, you can apply colors to notes and symbols in order to highlight aspects of the music for analysis, review or correction. You can also hide notes and symbols to avoid visual clutter.
- Create and Use Templates: Create and share your own templates or access any number of available music templates for creating new scores, including piano, string quartet, brass band, jazz ensemble and others.
Noteflight Campus with higher education in mind. Its notation features are powerful enough to handle university level music theory, but simple enough that students can start using it immediately with little or no training. As a web-based product, Noteflight gives you and your students the ability to compose and work from anywhere: all your instructional materials are accessible from any online computer from the moment they’re created. Students can access and work with scores wherever they happen to be in the classroom, in a computer lab, in a dorm room or at home.
- Accessible. Noteflight’s easy-to-use interface allows learners to intuitively interact with notation and musical ideas. Accessing Noteflight, creating music, sharing scores and giving feedback is intuitive and fun. Students can finally experience notation as a “learning by doing” activity, one that they can pursue both at school and at home with Noteflight.
- Puts the instructor in charge. Putting playable, interactive scores online used to be a complex IT project. Now, with Noteflight, any instructor can create their own online music resources to be dropped into a course webpage, by creating scores or importing them into Noteflight. Any Noteflight score can be linked or embedded directly into online courseware or course pages and blogs. You can use Noteflight scores for anything from musical examples to full-blown composition assignments.
- Built for the university budget. Noteflight understands the challenge of budgeting for software investment – that’s why it created a flexible pricing structure that allows students to subscribe directly to your school’s Noteflight Campus site. Students invest in a year-long subscription to Noteflight for use during coursework that is priced well under the cost of a textbook. Schools are no longer burdened by large upfront and ongoing investments nor have to guess at future enrollment numbers. The Noteflight Campus one-time set up is priced well below the cost of equipping a lab with traditional boxed software, and comes with on-going support and updates. Your community can grow or contract with shifting enrollment numbers – no problem.
- Keeps the student in mind. Students are able to leverage Noteflight Campus during instruction and can transfer their Noteflight subscription for on-going personal use when formal coursework use is completed. Students are released from a “lab” environment to create music whenever, wherever.
- Ownership is easy. Noteflight is not boxed software it’s a cloud-based application which means its immediately on the web on any type of computer. There is no need to install anything and new features and functionality are made available to you at no additional cost.
- Provides a Private Musical Community. Noteflight builds a private, secure, online University community for instruction and learning that is separate from the public Noteflight.com site. It’s perfect for group composition activities and informal sharing.
Noteflight sees music education as critical to developing young minds, and exposure to musical tools helps grow its future musicians. Noteflight’s approachable, natural interface appeals to both young users, and to their teachers. Because Noteflight accounts can be used from any computer with Internet access, students aren’t tied to a music lab: they can learn at school, at home, at the library, and at many other places.
Noteflight addresses the needs of K-12 music instructors with Noteflight Classroom, an easy-to-use, private Noteflight website that belongs to you and your students alone. Noteflight Classroom can be purchased directly via the web, and is immediately ready for use with no special IT setup. Add your students to your Noteflight Classroom site (no email addresses needed) and be up and running in no time. All users have the full Crescendo feature set.
- Accessible. Noteflight’s easy-to-use interface allows younger learners to intuitively interact with notation and musical ideas. Accessing Noteflight, creating music, sharing scores and giving feedback is intuitive and fun. Young musicians can finally experience notation as a “learning by doing” activity, one that they can pursue both at school and at home with Noteflight.
- Ready for the classroom. Noteflight has partnered with the Vermont MIDI Project to create a resource library of ready-made, teacher-tested learning activities. Each activity is a template that can be instantly copied to your Noteflight Learning Edition account in several clicks, ready for you to use and adapt to your methods and your classroom. View the library of learning activities.
- [advt]Affordable. It offer competitive, per instructor pricing that gives teachers access to a full-featured notation program with the flexibility and portability that you require. The Noteflight K-12 Community subscription is priced well below the cost of traditional boxed software, and comes with on-going and updates.
- Unlocking Creativity. Interaction and collaboration unlocks student creativity through direct, “hands-on” experimentation with notation. It’s easy and fun to write music, especially when it’s so simple to share your creations with your friends, classmates, and parents.
- Foster a Musical Community. Noteflight builds a private, secure, online K-12 community for instruction and learning that is separate from the public Noteflight.com site. It’s perfect for group composition activities and informal sharing.
- Create online examples. Teachers can embed scores in web pages or blogs with audio playback. Students can playback all of a score or just a few measures and can listen to individual parts and notes as their cursor follows the playback.
- Create your own classroom website. Noteflight seamlessly integrates with Haiku LMS, which makes it a snap to create and use web-based activities that include music listening, music creation, text, video, images and anything else on the web that you can imagine. You are able to also easily manage your class roster and student logins. Other integration options include popular open source LMSs such as Moodle, or blogs like WordPress.
private music instruction
With Noteflight Studio, music instructors can create their own private Noteflight site for use by students and collaborators. Take advantage of Noteflight’s fully-functional music notation and guitar tabs to design instruction design, share lessons, create examples and exercise and communicate with your students. With Noteflight, your musical materials are available on any computer on the Internet so your students will be able to access Noteflight anytime, anywhere. Noteflight is perfect for ongoing communication and interaction with your students between lessons. Its easy to get started: purchase your private site via the web and utilize easy administrative features to add students immediately.
- Accessible. Noteflight’s easy-to-use interface allows students to quickly interact with notation and musical ideas. Accessing Noteflight, creating music, sharing scores and giving feedback is intuitive and fun.
- Foster a Musical Community. Noteflight builds a private, secure, online community for instruction and learning that is separate from the public Noteflight.com site. It’s perfect for group composition activities and informal sharing. Your students can connect and collaborate with each other outside of the studio.
- Affordable. A Noteflight instructional community is affordable; it’s available via subscription and comes with on-going support and feature updates. Your community can grow, or contract with shifting student numbers – no problem.
- Manage online assignments. When you create a lesson, Noteflight automatically gives each student their own copy to work on. You can review individual student’s work and provide feedback directly in their scores. You can even see how a piece has evolved by looking at previously saved versions.
- Create online courses. Instructors can embed scores in web pages or blogs with audio playback. Students can playback all of a score or just a few measures and can listen to individual parts and notes as their cursor follows the playback.