The Nokia Music Store has gone live in India. The store carries great selection of Indian music across different genres. With Nokia Music Store, you can play and organise the music you love, discover and download new music, rip and burn CDs, all seamlessly integrated with your PC and compatible mobile devices. The Music Space lets you search, organise and listen to your music collection easily in one place; whether from the PC, mobile devices, CDs, or Nokia Music Store.
Nokia Music Store also recommend tracks as you listen to your own music. You can as well eazily move tracks and playlists to and from your PC and mobile device. Simply set up an auto-transfer or just drag and drop your music where you want, when you want.
The Nokia Music software supports Indian regional languages including Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Sanskrit, Konkani, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi. Unfortunately Malayalam is not supported yet in the installation software, but old Malayalam songs are avaialable in the Music Store.
You need to have a a Nokia Music Store PIN to download and enjoy music on the mobile phone or on PC. You can access the store from a compatible PC or directly from your compatible mobile device. There is no online payment options currently available to purchase directly from the Nokia Music Store application.
Nokia Music Store Application requirements
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows XP (32-bit) with SP2 (Mac, Linux and Windows versions before XP with SP2 not supported)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz (recommended: 2.5 GHz, or 1.5 GHz dual core)
- Memory: 512 MB (recommended: 2 GB)
- Free disk space: 500 MB (recommended: 40 GB)
- Graphics: 32 MB integrated (recommended: 128 MB dedicated)
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768 pixels
- Audio: Sound card and required drivers, connected speakers or headphones
- Internet: Online connection for buying, transferring between registered devices and streaming music (recommended: broadband connection)
- Additional recommended hardware: CD-RW drive for burning CDs
Installing Nokia Music on your PC
- Start downloading for free.
- Click Run to download and start the installation straight away. You must have administrative rights to your PC to be able to complete the installation. If you would like to save the application to your PC and start the download later select a location and choose Save. You will then need to browse to where you saved the file and double-click on it to start the install.
- Once the installation starts you will be prompted to accept the license agreement – which is required in order to continue.
- The installation software downloads and installs Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver, PC Connectivity Software and and Nokia Music Software components from Nokia website.
- Nokia Music requires three additional components to be installed: WMF 11, .NET 3 and IMAPI 2. If you do not have these already they will be installed automatically.
- When the installation is complete you can start Nokia Music via the shortcut created on your desktop or using the Windows start menu.
- When you launch the application for the first time you are prompted to configure the player. The configurations can be changed at a later stage by going to Menu > Edit > Options or by pressing F4.
If you have any problems installing the player then check that your PC meets the minimum system requirements, that you have administrator rights (if not contact your systems administrator), and that you have enough hard disk space on your PC.
Once your player is installed you can view the help by selecting Menu > Help > Help or by pressing F1.