Nokia Email service, launched in August 2008, is available at email.nokia.com. They have now added more features and available for free trial during the beta period. You can connect to Gmail or many of the thousands of personal email accounts offered by other Internet Service Providers.
Standard data charges from your wireless operator apply during the beta trial. You will need to purchase a subscription when the beta trial ends. The email service is supported by Nokia E51, E61, E61i , E65, E66, E71, E90, N73, N78, N82, N95 and N95 8GB. Hotmail and Google-Apps hosted email are not supported in this beta.
Nokia Email is available in English, Finnish, German, Dutch, Latin American Spanish and Iberian Spanish. It lets you get mail from up to 6 email addresses, each in its own mailbox yet all in one place, and makes composing from any account seamless. When you delete an email on your Nokia phone, it will be deleted from your email account, including for IMAP and POP accounts.
Nokia Email Features
- Contextual Menu: Hold down the center button while selecting an email message to bring up a contextual menu that lets you delete, reply, reply all, forward, move, flag, and mark unread email messages
- Using the BCC field: In the compose email screen, select options, then select view, then select Show Bcc. You can then add Bcc addresses.
- Selecting Multiple Messages: To select multiple messages click the # key to select a certain message. You can move these to a different folder or easily delete them all. If you want to select all the message in a folder easily, select options / more / Mark all.
- Change Sort Order & Category: While you’re in one of your folders in Nokia Email, navigate to any of the date headers and hit the left navigation button and choose select to jump between folders, or the right navigation button and select to change the sort category or sort order. To collapse a day or category navigate to the date header and press the center button.
- Copying Text: In order to copy text from an email in Nokia Email, select options and scroll down to Select text which will let you then copy text either using the shift key and joystick on devices with the qwerty keyboard or with the edit key on non-qwerty devices.
- Search: Nokia Email can search inside all your emails from the inbox and quickly help you find the email you were looking for. Either type “s” or select Search from the Options menu.
- In the folder view: navigate to any of the date headers and hit the left navigation button and select to jump between folders, or the right navigation button and select to change the sort category or sort order.
Nokia Email Shortcuts
Shortcuts For all devices
- *: Move the focus to the Sort Order drop-down list in the control bar.
- #: Mark or unmark the selected message.
- Space Key: Mark or unmark the selected message.
- 1: Open the message composer to reply to a sender.
- 2: In the folder viewer: Moves the focus to the first message in the list.
- 2: In the message viewer: Moves the focus to the top of the message.
- 3: Screen page up.
- 4: In the folder viewer: Display the flag list query.
- 4: In the message viewer: Open the message viewer and display the previous message in the list.
- 5: In the folder viewer: Toggle the read/unread status of the selected message if there are no marked messages, or toggle the read/unread status of marked messages if at least one message is marked.
- 5: In the message viewer: Toggle the read/unread status of the open message within the viewer.
- 6: Open the message viewer and display the next message in the list.
- 7: Open the message composer to reply to a sender and all other recipients.
- 8: In the folder viewer: Move the focus to the last message in the list.
- 8: In the message viewer: Move the focus to the bottom of the message.
- 9: Screen page down.
- 0: Open the composer to create a new message.
Shortcuts For QWERTY devices like the E71
- a: Reply All.
- b: Go to the bottom.
- c: Compose a new email message.
- d: Delete.
- e: Accept a meeting invitation.
- f: Forward.
- g: Tentatively accept a meeting invitation.
- h: Display the online help.
- i: Expand or collapse the list.
- j: Up.
- k: Down.
- l: Flag the list.
- m: Move a message to a folder.
- n: Displays the next message in the list.
- o: Open an email message.
- p: Display the previous message in the list.
- q: Folder options.
- r: Reply to an email message.
- s: Search.
- t: Top.
- u: Mark a message as either read or unread depending the current status.
- v: Decline a meeting invitation.
- w: Sort options.
- x: Unassigned.
- y: Display the folder list.
- z: Synchronize.