A few months ago, we wrote about Airtel SMS 2.0, which was the world’s first upgrade to SMS 2.0. Here is more about the technology, it’s advantage and how to get it in your Airtel Nokia phones. Affle, which has operations in UK, Singapore, Malaysia, USA and India, is providing the SMS 2.0 technology for Airtel.
SMS2.0 is the next generation messaging providing a great platform to build a scalable mobile media. The SMS2.0 application gives the consumer access to an enhanced experience at no additional cost and with no change in the behavior of the mobile handset. SMS 2.0 provides personalized messaging experience, color messages with fun emoticons and scheduling of SMS to send at a later time. It also provides enhanced messaging features like the best of MMS, IM and E-mail features, SMS to e-mail service, graphic and multimedia attachments, customized content and peer 2 peer content.
SMS2.0 is an upgrade to SMS providing personalization experience of SMS. The SMS 2.0 upgrade gives users access to information of interest – movies, cricket, etc, for free, on their mobile phone, and is delivered in a non-intrusive fashion. Users of SMS 2.0 can jazz up their SMS by using background and text colors, expressive emoticons, customizable signatures, send SMSs to e-mail, do Internet searches, and get updates on discounts and promotions.
The SMS 2.0 application runs on the Symbian operating system, and is currently available only on Nokia handsets. Those who have GPRS enables handsets can access the service by sending a message SMS2 to 543210. In order to enable SMS 2.0, you have to make sure that Airtel Live is activated on your phone. This application is completely free of cost. Mobile advertising and marketing is expected to taking off in a big way in India, enabling marketers and mobile operators to monetize services and develop new sources of revenue. Affle is also planning to release Mobile Social Networking and Local Search shortly.
The following Nokia phones are supported at the time of writing this article. – 3230, 6260, 6600, 6681, 7610, N70 Music, 6630, N72, N70, 6670, 6682, 6620, N72 Music, 6680, E50, N73, N73 Music, E65, N91 and N91 8GB
How to Install?
Ensure that the software installation option in the settings of your mobile phone’s Application Manager is turned on. In general this step is not necessary, however if the application fails to install, the user should check to ensure that the Application Manager allows the installation of downloaded applications.
Follow the steps below to install SMS2.0 in the Nokia phone of Airtel subscribers.
- Type SMS2 and send it to 543210 (For Airtel users). You would receive a message with a web link to download the SMS2.0 application.
- Open the link and launch the web browser on your phone. A page is displayed with the text “You are just a click away from upgrading to SMS2.0. Begin Download!”. Click the Begin Download link.
- A pop up with the text “Install SMS2.0 Installer?” is shown. Select Yes. Next select Install.
- You may then be displayed a message “Unable to verify supplier. Continue anyway?”. Select Yes.
- Next, a pop with the text “Install SMS2.0?” is shown. Select Yes. Next select Install.
- You may then again be displayed a message “Unable to verify supplier. Continue anyway?”. Select Yes to complete the installation.
Be the first to comment