Logitech Revue offers you the complete functionality of Google TV. The product which allows simultaneous viewing of internet and television comes with a companion box and a keyboard controller. Your incoming internet connection and television cable need to be connected to Logitech Revue companion box which acts as the central unit. The companion box is then connected to your television set through the HDMI port of your television and then you can start viewing internet, streaming videos and television programs all through your TV set. The whole unit costs around USD 299.99 (~ Rs 13,499) and comes with one year limited hardware warranty.
What all do I need to set up a Logitech Revue Google TV?
- An Internet connection with 2.5 Mbps speed or higher
- Television equipped with HDMI port
- Cable or Satellite Set Top Box with HDMI out
Accessories for Logitech Revue
Logitech Keyboard controller (Provided with Logitech Revue Package)
The Logitech Keyboard controller comes with an integrated keyboard, touchpad and remote control. The Qwerty model keyboard helps internet surfing easier and also helps to search and find your favorite programmes in your Google TV.
Logitech TV Cam
With Logitech TV Cam, you can make high definition video calls using your television and Logitech Revue system. To make HD video calls, you need to have a free Logitech Vid account and internet connection. Your friend also needs to have a web cam and high-speed internet access either through PC, Mac or a Google TV.
The Logitech TV Cam can transmit video in 720p HD resolution through internet and hence you can have a real life experience in communication, as if your friend is near with you. The wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens of the Camera can capture your whole family members comfortably and its 5x digital zoom can capture close-up videos to have the feel of personal conversation.
The On-screen notification feature can help you know if someone is calling while you are browsing or watching television. The camera costs USD 149.99 (~ Rs 6750)
Logitech Mini Controller
The Logitech Mini controller is a mini palm-sized keyboard for your Logitech Revue Google TV and helps in searching television programs and browsing internet. It also serves as a controller for your music system, with Play, Pause, Rewind, Fast Forward and volume control keys in-built in it. The mini controller also has a control which serves as a touchpad and a directional pad which helps web navigation easier.
The mini controller has an illuminated keypad which helps view keys even in dark. The backlighting colour also changes depending on the mode: Green for navigation and orange for typing. The mini controller costs around USD 129.99 (~ Rs 5850)
Google TV applications for Logitech Revue
Logitech Revue Google TV is powered by Google android OS. Having an android OS means you can download and install lots of applications being developed on the android platform.
Some of the Google TV applications pre-installed with Logitech Revue include:
- Twitter – With the Twitter application, you can now share your thoughts about the programs you are watching in real time.
- Facebook – With the Facebook application, you can stay connected with your friends.
- Netflix (US) – With Netflix, you can watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix
- Logitech Vid HD – With Vid HD, you can make High Definition video calls using the Logitech TV Cam
- Amazon Video on demand – With the Amazon’s Video on Demand service, the user can either buy or rent movies and TV shows from a selection consisting more than 75,000 commercial-free movies and TV shows.
- Pandora – With Pandora, you are having a free radio which can be personalized to play stations with the type of music genre you like.
- Napster – With Napster in your Google TV, you can have interactive music experirence anywhere and anytime.
- CNBC – With the CNBC application, you can get real-time stock quotes, watch lists exclusive videos and CNBC’s Stocks to Watch.[via]