iTwin a pair of identical USB drives that share data remotely and securely exclusively between them over any connection. iTwin allows you to securely access your entire hard drive. It’s as if you are carrying an access-key to all your files in a device that fits in the palm of your hand. And unlike portable storage, iTwin lets your data stay safely at home (or in office). It is available at a price $99 (Around Rs. 5000). It is developed by Chennai-born Lux Anantharaman.
- Remotely edit shared files: Remotely edit any shared file from any location. iTwin allows you to keep a single version on one computer, with you and your chosen iTwin partner collaborating directly on this version. Say goodbye to multiple versions of files flying around by email. Say goodbye to the headaches of needless re-work. Say hello to iTwin.
- Backup your data from anywhere: When you are on the road, you can use iTwin to move copies of files from your laptop to your home or office computer. If you are traveling and taking lots of pictures, you can free up your SD card by moving files onto your laptop and transferring them back home. It keeps your data safe and secure.
- One-time cost. No fees, ever: Don’t pay for cloud storage. Don’t pay subscription fees for file access. Don’t get locked in. You have all the storage you need on your computer and home hard drive. With iTwin, share it and access it from anywhere. Create your own personal cloud. Secured by hardware-grade encryption.
- [advt]Windows and Mac OS X compatible: You can use iTwin on any of both Windows and Mac OSX platforms. iTwin works on Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2 and above), Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit). iTwin also works on Apple Mac OSX 10.6 and above, i.e. Snow Leopard and Lion (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Data security: iTwin doesn’t store any data on itself. It just enables a secure connection between two computers. Your remote data can only be accessed if you have the physical iTwin with you. Additionally, you can set up your iTwin to require a password. iTwin is a secure USB device providing Two-Factor Authentication (hardware device + password). It also allow you to remotely disable iTwin with the remote disable feature. So you can rest assured that your data is safe, even if you lose your iTwin device.
Secure Access: Plug one half of iTwin into your online office computer. Drag’n’drop files into the iTwin window to share them. Take the other half of iTwin with you. You will have instant access to all of the shared files, from any other online computer. You can edit those files without them ever leaving the office. You can copy them to the other computer. You can even upload files to office from wherever you are. No configuration, no VPN token card, no login. With AES-256 hardware-enabled encryption. It’s as secure and simple as data transfer gets.
Limitless Capacity: You don’t know exactly which files you might need later. Many of them are confidential anyway and you prefer that they stay within office premises. iTwin solves both issues in one go: Share all the folders on your computer’s hard drive that you think you may need and you will have plug’n’play remote access to them. With a device smaller and much more secure than any portable storage. If you misplace it, no confidential data is misplaced, since iTwin does not store anything on itself. You can disable the lost half’s access to your computer in multiple ways, thus keeping your data safe.
Remote Disable: Have you felt helpless when you lost your thumbdrive? Don’t know who gets access to your lost device and the data on it? No more such worries with iTwin. With iTwin, you can remotely disable lost or stolen iTwin devices. When you physically pair two iTwin together and plug into a computer, you can opt to receive an iTwin Disable Code (sent to your email address). If you misplace or lose your iTwin, you simply disable the lost iTwin’s access to your computer using your disable code. The connection between two iTwins will be deactivated within 90 seconds. Your data is safe from unauthorized access.
Secure Sharing: Plug one half of iTwin into your online computer. Give the other half to your colleague or client. When she plugs her half into an online computer, your two computers will be connected and you can securely and safely share files with each other, in either direction. Share the latest version of a report or proposal, confident that your data is safe from man-in-the-middle attacks. iTwin makes hardware-enabled, peer-to-peer security so simple. It’s easier than ever before.
Effortless Backup: If you have two computers, one Desktop and the other, a laptop (or netbook) and find yourself creating files on your laptop frequently and synching these files to your computer, then iTwin can make your life easier. Plug one half of iTwin into your Office Desktop and carry with you the other half. Anytime, for example, when you are travelling and you want to sync these new files to your office computer, you can simply upload these files using iTwin. You can upload entire folders. This is also useful, when you are travelling and creating lots of media files, like photos and videos.
Remote Editing: You have to fly across the country to meet an important customer. But the slides and reports aren’t ready. That’s fine. Just go. And take one half of an iTwin with you. When you reach the customer’s site, plug your half into your laptop and instantly access the files, finished and shared by your team back at the office. A mistake in the slides? Not a problem. The slides can be remotely edited on your computer by the staff who designed them. No need to wade through an inbox. No need to use a download service or a cloud. No need to login.
When you plug iTwin into a computer for the first time, iTwin software gets installed on the computer.
- Supports Win XP, Vista and 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 and above.
- Requires min. 512 MB, 1GB RAM recommended.
- Requires 15 MB hard-disk space.
- USB 2.0 port.
- Requires broad-band Internet access, 1Mbps upload speed recommended.
- iTwin software self-installs on first plug-in.
- Requires admin access for installation.
- Uninstallation is simple as it uses standard uninstall mechanisms.
- New features, fixes and enhancements are rolled out regularly.
- All the automatic updates to the file-access product are free.
- When a new software update is available, iTwin software will automatically inform you and your update is just a click away.
- German (coming soon).
No Storage Limitations
- iTwin works like a USB storage device. However, iTwin does not store any of your data on itself. iTwin is a data access device between two computers.
- The only limit is the size of your computer’s hard drive. If you have a 1 TB hard-drive and desire to access it completely, you can do so with iTwin.
- Any network files folders that you can access from your computer can be shared using iTwin.
No “Temp Files”
- Unplug iTwin and all temp files are purged automatically. This is especially useful when using a computer that does not belong to you.
Bi-Directional File Access
- When using iTwin, the connection between the 2 computers is completely symmetrical.
- Access, copy, backup & remotely edit files on computer A from computer B, and on B from A. You will have access to files on both A and B.
- iTwin is like the two ends of a cable, without the cable.
iTwin uses industry best practices and thoroughly analyzed crypto protocols and algorithms.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bit encryption is used to protect all data communication.
- AES encryption standard has not been broken so far and many consider AES to be military grade.
- All data amenable to compression is first compressed before encryption.
- When two halves of iTwin are paired, the owner is sent an Remote Disable Code (through email) which can be used to break the connection between the two iTwins.
- Using this disable code, if an iTwin is missing, it can be disabled remotely.
Smart Key Generation
- Two iTwins together generate a random 256-bit AES key, everytime they are physically paired and plugged into a computer.
- Smart Key generation is assisted by the computer to add randomness.
- Smart crypto key resides only on the two halves of the paired iTwin.
- Smart Crypto key is used for encrypting all data traffic between two iTwins.
- Patent-pending technology.
- Passwords of any length can be set.
- Unlike other web services, iTwin’s password is stored on itself, not on any server.
- If you forget your password, simply pair both halves of your iTwin, plug them into a computer and set a new password. No need for tech support!
- Before allowing any data transfer, every iTwin is authenticated by iTwin’s TwinTrust servers.
- All communication between iTwin and TwinTrust is secured using industry strength HTTPS (RSA 1024 bit, 128 bit RC4) protocol.
- After successful authentication by TwinTrust, TwinTrust assist iTwin to discover its other half.
- After authenticating with TwinTrust, two halves of iTwin mutually authenticate each other using their pre-shared AES 256 bit crypto key.
- If password is set, then password verification is performed on both iTwins before data transfer is initiated between two iTwins.
- As long as iTwin is plugged into two computers which have Internet connection, iTwin allows computer to computer file transfer anywhere on Earth.
- iTwin detects almost all types of proxies, firewalls and NATs and self-configures.
- In case, one or both iTwin are not directly accessible (behind firewalls), iTwin encrypted data traffic is relayed through globally distributed servers (amazon EC2 based).
Powered by AWS Web Services
- iTwin uses Amazon Web Services infrastructure with 99.5% availability to ensure fast, safe and secure data relays.
- All data is encrypted before it leaves your computer. Your data remains encrypted until it reaches the computer to which the second half of iTwin is attached.
- Your data is never stored on any iTwin server. Your data is stored only on your computer.
Seamless Handling of Network Interruptions
- In case of Internet disruption, iTwin file transfers pause.
- When the internet connection is resumed, iTwin software continues the file transfer from where it left off.
- iTwin’s progress bar indicates the amount left to be transferred.
- Unlike many cloud based storage services, iTwin allows you to transfer as much data as you want. The only constraint is the limit of your ISP’s bandwidth allowances.
- With iTwin, you don’t need to worry about monthly allowances or bandwidth limits when you transfer large files online.
Size and weight
- Length : 3.54 inches (90 mm).
- Width : 0.82 inch (21 mm).
- Depth : 0.314 inch (8.0 mm).
- Weight : 0.11 pound (50g).
- Operating temperature: 32° to 158° F (0° to 70° C).
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m).
- Completely symmetrical, first of its kind in the market.
- During physical pairing, connector is used to securely transfer crypto key between the 2 halves of iTwin.
- Patent-pending technology.
LED lights indicate status:
- Constant Blue light : iTwin is fully functional.
- Blinking Blue light : on-going data transfer.
- Constant red light : error.