MobileBanking is a service that allows you to do financial transactions such as Funds Transfer and Mobile Commerce on your mobile phone.
What is ngpay?
ngpay (Next Generation Pay) is the secure software application launched by HDFC Bank that empowers the customer to carry out a whole range of banking and commerce transactions using the mobile phone. HDFC customers can download and use the ngpay application in their Java enabled mobile handset that supports external applications and games. ngpay services can be accessed by customers across all telecom networks. The only pre-requisite is that your mobile phone should be GPRS enabled and you need to be registered for InstaQuery service and Third Party Funds Transfer services of HDFC Bank NetBanking.
ngpay offers a range of services from it’s network of partners. In a simple, consolidated menu, you can discover and choose merchants or service providers with whom you want to transact, and make the payment using HDFC Bank Direct Pay or HDFC Bank Credit Card.
With the ngpay service, you can:
- Provides full suite of MobileBanking and Payment Services including Fund Transfer facility for HDFC Bank. You can transfer funds to any HDFC Bank Account / any Bank Account in India or any Visa Card (Debit or Credit) within India using ngpay
- Search for shows, select or view seats and pay for tickets at Fame Cinemas, INOX Cinemas.
- Search for options, price trips and book tickets through IRCTC, Deccan, Make-My-Trip, Yatra and redBus.
- Search and buy products online from Ferns N Petals, Archies and FutureBazaar.
- Manage your accounts, top-up the prepaid balance and pay your monthly postpaid bills with BPL Mobile.
MobileBanking Registration Process
To access MobileBanking services of HDFC Bank, you need to be registered for InstaQuery and NetBanking. InstaQuery registration will be complete in 4 working days from submissiion of your application form. You can also register for InstaQuery instantly using the ‘InstaQuery registration’ option available inside NetBanking. You would be able to access HDFC Bank MobileBanking on ngpay once you have successfully registered for InstaQuery and NetBanking.
Reset ngpay PIN
If you enter the wrong PIN three times, it will get disabled. If your PIN is disabled or you forget your ngpay PIN, you would have to call the ngpay customer care number +91-80-67004000. Verification would be done on your personal details. After that you would be asked the answer to a secret question which you had set at the time of registration.
With Funds Transfer on ngpay you can
- Transfer funds online from your HDFC Bank Account to another HDFC Bank Account.
- Transfer funds to any Visa Card (Debit or Credit) anywhere in India.
- Tranfer funds from your HDFC Bank Account to any Bank Account in India using the NEFT facility.
Within HDFC Bank Accounts, Funds transfer is a real-time transaction and the debit and credit will reflect in the respective accounts immediately. In case the beneficiary is a Visa card, funds would be credited in the beneficiary account after two working days. You can transfer upto a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per day using ngpay. There is no charge to transfer funds between HDFC Bank accounts and for transferring funds using the NEFT Facility. In case the beneficiary is a Visa Card (Debit or Credit), a nominal fees of Rs. 20/- (plus taxes) would be levied.
HDFC InstaQuery service
With the InstaQuery service provides you with a host of features at your fingertips. You can get your balance details, obtain your last 3 transaction details, request a cheque book, stop a cheque payment, enquire cheque status, request an account statement,get Fixed Deposit details and change your primary account for transactions.
Neither ngpay nor HDFC Bank charge for this service and you do not incur call charges. Your Cellular Service Provider may levy a nominal charge for the GPRS facility. On MobileBanking, you actually see your banking transactions on your mobile phone screen as opposed to hearing a message over the phone .
If you have registered for MobileBanking on a particular mobile phone and you lose this mobile phone, you should inform the closest HDFC Bank branch of its loss. The MobileBanking facility from your mobile phone will be disabled.