HDFC provides MobileBanking for FREE, which enables customers to access their bank account on your mobile phone screen, anytime, anywhere. Mobile Banking is as easy as sending a text message using the pre-defined transaction keyword or navigating through a menu from your mobile phone.
How Does HDFC MobileBanking Work?
There are 3 different options for doing mobile banking with HDFC.
- SMS Based MobileBanking: You can send a short test message (SMS) from your mobile phone instead of making calls to access your bank account, trasact or make enquiries.
- Menu-based MobileBanking from Airtel and BSNL: Get an access to menu-based MobileBanking using Airtel’s and BSNL value added services. Simply visit Airtel Live or BSNL Services or RWorld and download the user-friendly menu under MobileBanking on your SIM card.
- WAP Bsed MobileBanking: You can simply visit HDFC WAP portal and navigate through user friendly menu to seamlessly carry out various banking transactions while on the move. ALl you need to do is to subscriber to GPRS services of Airtel (Airtel Live) or Idea Cellular (Ideafresh). In case of WAP based MobileBanking, you have to pay the charges for using GPRS services as per the Service Provider. For accessing our WAP Portal from your mobile phone, please visit mobilebanking.hdfcbank.com
HDFC Bank’s InstaQuery service works through a set of text messages (SMS). In order to conduct a transaction using SMS, you will need to type in the pre-defined query-based transaction keywords and send to 5676712. Your request will be received and responded to, within a few seconds by the HDFC MobileBanking. You will receive the response in the form of a text message on your mobile phone screen within a few seconds. [InstaQuery Demo]
You can do MobileBanking using SMS with any service provider including Airtel, BSNL, Hutch, Idea, Reliance Mobile and Tata Indicom. You can conduct mobile transactions on your HDFC Savings, Current and Fixed Deposit accounts.
InstaQuery provides a host of features at your finger-tips through SMS:
- Get your balance details
- Obtain your last 3 transaction details
- Request a cheque book
- Stop a cheque payment
- Enquire cheque status
- Request an account statement
- Get Fixed Deposit details
- Request for Internet PIN re-generation
HDFC Mobile Banking facility is provided for free. HDFC Bank does not charge you for this service. As you are using the text messaging service from your mobile phone, your service provider may levy a nominal SMS service charge.
How to Avail MobileBanking Facility?
At the time of opening new HDFC account, you can apply for MobileBanking through your account application form. Existing account holders can apply for Mobile Banking through the combined Direct Banking Channel registration forms available at the HDFC website www.hdfcbank.com. Contact your nearest branch for any further assistance.
HDFC Mobile Banking SMS Keywords
For full list of keywords, SMS HELP to 5676712 or contact your local HDFC Bank branch.
|List of Transactions||SMS Keyword|
|Check Account Balance||BAL|
|Change Primary Account||NEW <13 digit New Account Number>|
|Check last three account transactions||TXN|
|Requesting “Stop Payment” on a cheque||STP <6 digit cheque number|
|Requesting a cheque book||CHQ|
|Requesting Account Statement||STM|
|Cheque Status Enquiry||CST <6 digit cheque number|
|Internet Banking password (IPIN) regeneration||IPIN|
|Fixed Deposit Enquiry||FDQ|