Granola is free software to reduce energy consumption of desktop, laptop, and servers. This energy saving software constantly monitors your PC usage, and adjusts various factors to reduce the energy being used by PC. It reduces automatically optimizing computers to save energy. The optimization does not, in any way, slow or shut down the computer.
Granola uses technology called “dynamic voltage and frequency scaling” to extend battery life in laptops, reduce PC power in desktops and servers, and reduce laptop power usage. The aforementioned technology allows the CPU to be monitored without rebooting the system.
- The program will reduce energy levels and keep a record of said reductions.
- While the program is running, it will not inhibit the performance of the computer – quite the reverse actually.
- There is no additional hardware required.
- Granola will extend battery life in laptops.
- [advt]Granola will give the user a huge reduction in operational costs through energy-saving. This includes cooling expenses.
- A great reduction in carbon footprint.
- Supports all X86 platforms on physical or virtual servers.
- Installs in under five minutes and is virtually maintenance free.