CDex is a free and open source CD ripper software. It can extract the data directly (digital) from an Audio CD, which is generally called a CD Ripper or a CDDA utility. It rips and converts audio tracks into various file formats such as WAV, MP3, AAC, etc. It supports different format like Lame MP3 encoder , Internal MP2 encoder , APE lossless audio format , Ogg Vorbis encoder and Windows MP3 encoder.
WAV files on the hard drive can be converted to a Compressed Audio File (and visa versa). CDex also supports many audio file tag formats like the ID3V1 and ID3V2 tags, which can be automatically inserted as part of the ripping process.
- Direct recording of multiple tracks
- Read / store album information from/to the cdplayer.ini file
- Read / store album information from/to a local and/or remote CD Database (CDDB)
- Support CD-Text (if your CD-drive supports it)
- Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
- Indicates track progress and jitter control
- Normalization of audio signal
- Supports many CD-Drive from many manufacters
- Conversion of external WAV files
- Support for M3U and PLS play list files
- Best of all, it’s free (GPL license, source code available)
- Serveral languages are supported