Duplicati is a free backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on cloud storage services and remote file servers. It supports targets like Amazon S3, Windows Live SkyDrive, Google Docs, Rackspace Cloud Files or WebDAV, SSH, FTP.
It comes packed with backup options. You’re able to specify common backup sources with a click, for instance, or choose the specific files and folders you need. Include and Exclude filters help refine exactly what you’re saving, and built-in AES-256 encryption keeps your archive safe.
A capable scheduler will run each backup job automatically at the specified interval. Handy performance controls allow you to limit the program’s upload or download speeds, so it won’t tie up too many system resources.
Duplicati is about saving files and folders, rather than full partitions, so if you’re looking for something that will create an image of your system drive then this isn’t the program for you. It provides various options and tweaks like filters, deletion rules, transfer and bandwidth options to run backups for specific purposes.
- Duplicati uses AES-256 encryption (or GNU Privacy Guard) to secure all data before it is uploaded.
- Duplicati uploads a full backup initially and stores smaller, incremental updates afterwards to save bandwidth and storage space.
- A scheduler keeps backups up-to-date automatically.
- [advt]Encrypted backup files are transferred to targets like FTP, Cloudfiles, WebDAV, SSH (SFTP), Amazon S3 and others.
- Duplicati allows backups of folders, document types like e.g. documents or images, or custom filter rules.
- Duplicati is available as application with an easy-to-use user interface and as command line tool.
- Duplicati can make proper backups of opened or locked files using the Volume Snapshot Service (VSS) under Windows or the Logical Volume Manager (LVM) under Linux.