Orient is a text editor for the Microsoft Windows operating system designed to work in Unicode and to handle Unicode files. It is an easy-to-use, smart and probably the smallest free editor able to handle UNICODE texts. It saves and loads files in Unicode format (UTF-16 or UTF-8), incorporates bi-directional text support for Arabic or Hebrew languages (RightToLeft) and support for Asian languages (Chinese and Japanese).
Features of Orient:
- Edit, open, save, features that are mandatory for a text editor
- Save & Read functions for UFT8 (with and without signatures)
- Full Unicode support at the edit and file level that gives multilingual capabilities
- Virtually no file size limit, just what is left on your hard drive
- [advt]Status bar and tool bars for quick editing and aids
- Robust find and replace searches