Acronis Drive Monitor is a free software application that monitors server, workstation and PC hard disk drives. It can help predict when a hard drive is about to fail, giving you the chance to backup your data before disaster strikes. When Acronis Drive Monitor identifies a problem, it generates an email or onscreen alert describing the specific finding. It offers a simple and easy to understand explanation of the alert guiding you to the steps you need to take to remedy the issue. A color coded summary provides an overview of the disk’s health at a glance and weekly reports summarize the findings.
Acronis Drive Monitor checks disk health in the following three categories and reports deviations from normal operation to users, giving them an opportunity to replace affected drives prior to a potential total failure:
- State and health of physical drive (including temperature, seek error rate, spin-up time and more than 20 other indicators) via a disk-resident monitoring function called S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) is presented in a understandable form. Acronis Drive Monitor also supports other storage, such as non-S.M.A.R.T.-compatible RAID systems, via scripts.
- Critical events that may indicate an increased risk for data safety, even when S.M.A.R.T. output data shows no abnormalities. These include: logical file system corruptions on NTFS and FAT file systems, corruption of dynamic disk logical structure, failed read or write operations that might indicate faulty hardware or drivers, and Volume Shadow Copy service failures.
- State of disk backups. Acronis Drive Monitor users who also already use the latest Acronis home or business products, such as Acronis True Image Home, Acronis Backup and Security and Acronis Backup & Recovery, will be alerted if the latest backup has failed or if a backup has not been created for a while. Otherwise, users will be automatically reminded of the need for a backup whenever a potential hard drive problem is detected.
Early warning to save your data
Acronis Drive Monitor gives users extra time to react in order to save data contained on disk devices and to arrange for their replacements. When Acronis Drive Monitor sees a problem, it immediately generates an email or onscreen alert describing the specific finding. Context-sensitive help explains what the alerts mean. Weekly reports summarize the electromechanical health of all the disks under Acronis Drive Monitor management.
- [advt]Automatically checks for disk problems: Works on any Windows PC, workstation or server.
- Monitors Event logs: Flags events that may indicate that data is in danger so you can back it up.
- Receive alerts immediately:Sends an email and displays a message on the Windows taskbar when it uncovers a disk-related problem.
- Weekly status reports: Shows the electromechanical health of all your drives in one report.
- Can support RAID drives : Scripting allows you to monitor RAID controllers not using S.M.A.R.T. monitoring technology. An Acronis forum acts as a clearinghouse for users to share scripts.
- Three kinds of support: An Acronis forum, a knowledge base with dozens of articles and a built-in help function are available for this easy-to-use software application.