Dell unveiled the Streak 7 tablet running Google’s Android 2.2 platform at its press conference on Thursday in Las Vegas. This is Dell’s first 4G tablet and it will be launched along with T-Mobile (USA). Dell Streak 7 is a WVGA 7” tablet that’s been built from the ground up to take advantage of T-Mobile’s 4G network.
- Utilizes the dual core 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra T2 processor for great performance across a wide variety of entertainment tasks
- Beyond support for T-Mobile’s 4G network, it supports up to 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Dual cameras: 5 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera offers sharp video calling via the Qik Video Chat software over Wi-Fi or T-Mobile’s 3G and 4G networks
- Runs Android 2.2 and full Flash 10.1 implementation – in my view, even with advancements in HTML 5 capability, Flash support gives you the best overall web experience
- Live news, sports and entertainment television via T-Mobile TV
- Offers the full Dell Stage experience with Stage widgets
- Expected to become available through T-Mobile retail stores, T-Mobile.com and through Dell in the coming weeks