Box.net is an online content management and file storage business. The company has adopted a freemium business model, and provides 5GB of free storage for personal accounts. A mobile version of the service is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and WebOS devices. Box.net is similar to Dropbox, Sharepoint, Sugarsync, and Documentum. It is not a free service.
Box is a simple, scalable and affordable solution to manage documents, media and all your content online. Share files as a link. Sync files on the desktop.
It’s file sharing, reinvented.
- Manage content intuitively. Organize and view files in a familiar folder structure.
- Share large files securely. Share files and folders with web links.
- Sync files on your desktop. Sync files to Box. Access Box files on your desktop
You can access, share and collaborate on files anywhere through our award-winning mobile apps. Share folders in a tap, exchange feedback or save files for offline access.
- Box for iPhone and iPad. View and share files, exchange comments and save files.
- Box for Android. View and share files, upload files and use built-in search.
- Box in popular mobile apps. Access and save files to Box in leading mobile apps
You can turn any folder into a workspace you can share with colleagues or outside clients. Exchange documents online. Track changes with version history.
Assign basic tasks.
- Invite others to view, edit and more. Turn folders into shared workspaces.
- Post comments and track file versions.Exchange feedback around each version of a file.
- Assign and manage tasks. Set tasks to approve, review or update files.
Box makes it easy to add and manage users through a centralized admin console. Set access permissions and passwords.
Get SSL file encryption.
- User management console. Add users, create groups and apply company branding.
- Access permissions and reporting. Set access permissions. Create reports on user activity.
- 256-bit SSL file encryption. Encryption for file transfers. Server-level available.
Integrate with business software
Box lets you seamlessly integrate and access content in other leading business applications like Google Apps, Salesforce, NetSuite, Microsoft SharePoint, and others.
- Google Apps. Create Google Docs in Box, share in Gmail and more.
- CRMs – Salesforce and NetSuite. Access product sheets, demos and more in your CRM.
- APIs for custom integrations. Integrate Box content in custom apps with our open APIs