DropTunes is a free web application that plays the audio files conatined within Dropbox account. The website comes in two modes, Flash and HTML5 . The Flash mode only plays MP3 files and the HTML5 mode supports MP3, M4A, OGG and WAV audio formats. Lets look at how this web application works, Firstly provide the username and password of Dropbox account to the DropTunes website. The Dropbox folders are then loaded and displayed. Open the folder containing music files The folder will appear on the left pane and the contained files appear on the right pane. Songs can then be played by clicking on them.
[advt]For DropTunes to work it will need to store configuration files which it stores by creating a new Dropbox folder. Meaning if you have to play a music file you would need equal amount of space free in your dropbox account. DropTunes supports all modern browsers like Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE8+ and FireFox. iOS and Android is lined up and soon supports it. As it supports HTML5 and Flash then if device has low Flash version then it can run on HTML5.
- A user-friendly web service to stream music directly from dropbox.
- Does not require new registrations.
- Does not require any downloads or installations.[advt]
- Plays audio files stored in your Dropbox account.
- Comes in Flash and HTML5 versions.
- Can play mp3, m4a, ogg, and wav audio files.