The two newly announced Smartphones from RIM, BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry Bold 9930 run on 1.2 GHz Qualcomm processors and have 8GB of storage and 5.0 Megapixel camera with 720p HD video recording. The phones also have built-in NFC.
These are said to be the thinnest BlackBerrys devices till date. The QWERTY handsets have a 2.8″, VGA (640*480) capacitive touch screen.
The smartphones have Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS connectivity.
BlackBerry Bold 9900 offers quad-band GSM, tri-band HSPA+ support whereas BlackBerry Bold 9930 offers dual-mode CDMA/EV-DO.
In addition to improved web browsing and universal search capabilities, here are some of the new functionality that the BlackBerry 7 Operating System powers in the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones:
Liquid Graphics: BlackBerry 7 OS delivers fast, fluid performance when browsing, accessing pictures or video, or running graphics intensive games.
NFC: Built-in support for Near Field Communications (NFC), an exciting new technology that is designed to provide a secure exchange of information between NFC-enabled devices over a very short distance. Watch our interview with Andrew Bocking, VP Handheld Software Product Management, to learn more about BlackBerry and Near Field Communications.
Augmented Reality: BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones feature a built-in compass (magnetometer) to take advantage of BlackBerry 7 OS support for augmented reality applications.
HD Video: BlackBerry 7 OS supports up to 720p HD video recording.
Both the devices are expected to launch worldwide soon.
- Dimensions: 115*66*10.5 MM
- Weight: 130 Grams
- 2.8″ capacitive touch screen display, VGA (640*480), 287 PPI resolution
- Full, wide QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
- 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
- NFC technology
- 5.0 MP camera with flash, supports 720p HD video recording
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor
- Built-in GPS / aGPS
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR support
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
Wireless Network Support:
BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone: Tri-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE
BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone: Dual-Band CDMA/EVDO Rev A, Dual-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE