Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from automatically appearing and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, the icon appears in the address bar. Click the icon to see the pop-ups that have been blocked or to manage pop-up settings for the site.[advt]
See pop-ups for a specific site
To see blocked pop-ups for a site, follow these steps:
- If pop-ups have been blocked, you’ll see the icon in the address bar. Click the icon to see a list of the blocked pop-ups.
- Click the link for the pop-up window that you’d like to see.
- To always see pop-ups for the site, select “Always show pop-ups from [site].” The site will be added to the exceptions list, which you can manage in the Content Settings dialog.
Allow all pop-ups
You can allow all pop-ups by disabling the pop-up blocker. Follow these steps:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on Chrome OS).
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content settings in the “Privacy” section.
- In the “Pop-ups” section, select “Allow all sites to show pop-ups.” Customize permissions for specific websites by clicking Manage exceptions.[source]