Tonido is a software and service that once installed on any computer (Windows, Linux or Mac), can make files and media in that computer available anywhere through a web browser or from mobile phones (iPhone, Android or Blackberry). It is a new way to share your files, media and other information with anyone around the world without having to upload to third-party sites first.
Tonido is a smart way to access your applications and share, sync, collaborate with friends and family without relying on public online services.
Tonido doesn’t upload your data onto external servers, but instead provides direct access to data on your desktop. You have access to 100% of your files from anywhere. You don’t need to upload any files. All your files are directly served from your machine. You don’t have any storage limits. Your hard drive storage capacity is the limit. And you have the complete privacy and control on your data.
- [advt]Share large files, stream your videos, listen to your music, publish a blog and more. Access your documents, photos, music and videos using native iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry apps
- Your data is always safe and always stored locally with you Access your desktop using a personalized web address (http://john.tonidoid.com)
- Customize your experience with only the Tonido apps that you want. Nothing to configure or setup and Free.
- Access your documents, photos, music and videos using native iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry apps
- Access your desktop using a personalized web address
- Nothing to configure or setup and Free. Available on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
- Powerful Applications: Using Tonido, you can share files, create photo galleries, stream music, stream video, download torrents, backup your files, run a personal blog and manage finances straight from your desktop. Learn More.
- Easy to Setup: Tonido works out of the box. No network or router configuration required.
- Secure Communications: Encrypted data transfer using SSL. Both http and https access to your content work out of the box.
- Self Contained: After creating an account, it is possible to use Tonido completely self contained within your home, without any traffic going through external servers.
- Total Privacy: Communication and private user information is neither monitored nor stored on our servers.
- Efficient over LAN: Tonido installed on all your computers in your home LAN allows direct access using IP adddress with fastest possible transfers.
- Available anywhere: Access Tonido applications online, offline, and remotely.
- Access from multiple devices: Applications are accessible from any device with a web browser, including mobile phones. Native apps for iPhone, Android, Blackberry coming soon!
- Social Networking: Create public or private groups and instantly send invitations using Tonido.
- Multiple Operating Systems: Supports Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Tonido Explorer: Browse, Upload, Download your files from anywhere.
- Tonido Webshare & WebsharePro: Webshare: Allows you to share large files (documents, music, home videos and photos) that are too big to email, directly from your desktop to anyone with a web browser.
- WebsharePro: Webshare + Mount as Local Drive (WebDAV) for guest users + Upload capability to remote machines.
- Tonido Jukebox: Gives you quick and easy access to your personal mp3 music collection from anywhere via a web browser. Enjoy your music from multiple PCs in your home or while you are at work or away from home. Also, share your music by giving access to your music collection to your friends and family.
- Tonido Money Manager: Browser based Money Manager that helps organize your personal finances.
- Tonido Torrent: Tonido Torrent is a web-based bittorrent client that allows you to manage your bit torrent file transfers from any device with a browser.
- Tonido Backup: Backup files and folders to any computer running Tonido!
- Tonido Workspace: Allows you to setup a collaborative workspace in a matter of seconds to sync tasks, notes, contacts, calendars and documents with anyone across the world via the Tonido P2P network. In standalone mode it is a Personal Information Manager.
- Tonido Thots: Is a personal blog or journal to record your ideas, notes and other random information. You can even clip text as you browse the web and store them in apps for reference later.
- Tonido Search: Allows you to search your Desktop files from anywhere.
- Tonido Screenshare: Allows you to share your computer’s desktop screen with anyone via a web browser.
- Tonido OpenID: Allows you to use your Tonido URL as an OpenID.
Simple User Experience – 3 Easy Steps
Tonido is easy to setup and does not require any network or router configuration to work.
- 1) Download and Install Tonido software on your computer.
- 2) Create a Tonido account. The account becomes part of the URL for your computer (http://username.tonidoid.com).
- 3) Use the new URL to remotely access or share your music, photos, calendar, files, and more from any computer or mobile phone.
- 4) To share a file or folder, just select a folder or file and select “Share”. Tonido creates a web address (e.g. http://username.tonidoid.com/myfiles/file) for your folder. Just send the link to others and they’ll be able to see and download the file.
Tonido Mobile Applications
Tonido iPhone Application: Access, share and download your docs, photos, music and video from iPhone & iPod Touch devices.
Tonido iPad Application: Access, share and download your docs, photos, music and video from iPad.
Tonido Android Application: Access and share your docs, photos, music and video from Android Smartphones.
Tonido Blackberry Application: Access and share your docs, photos, music and video from Blackberry Smartphones.
Tonido Windows Phone Application: Access and share your docs, photos, music and video from Windows Phone 7.