Stickies is a PC utility to cut down on the number of yellow notes leaving stuck to monitor. It is a computerised version of those notes. Stickies will not mess with system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores information in a single text-based ini file.
Stickies are yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can store text or images
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to a web site, document or folder so they only show when it’s on screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Play a sound file on receive
- Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
- Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- International language, Unicode and RTL text support
- Stickies works with Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file, and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- API to allow integration with other applications
- Stickies is completely free
With the Portableapps.com platform, you can run Stickies tool from USB flash drive, without needing to install the software in your computer.