The Vodafone Mobile Broadband Sharing Dock is an accessory for your Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB Stick, and allows several WLAN-enabled devices (for example PCs, mobile gaming devices, digital music players) to share a secure mobile internet connection. The Sharing Dock allows you to position your USB Stick for best mobile coverage, and then shares this coverage between devices via WLAN.
It is easy to use and secure, including advanced router security options and is WPS enabled for Vista and Windows 7. The Sharing Dock can be used with many Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB Sticks.
Now get your things done while you’re having fun. Recharge your phone, pay your Postpaid bill, set Callertunes – plus a lot more at the Vodafone Webstore on facebook.
Key features include:
- [advt]Share Mobile Internet connection with your colleagues
- It’s innovative and compact design makes it easier for placing in good coverage
- Easy to use – just plug in your dongle and the connection is then shared between up to four 3G phones, netbooks or laptops
- Make a note of your WLAN security details which include a secure network WPA2 Key and a WLAN Network Name (SSID). The WPA2 Key and the SSID are unique to your device and can be found on a label on the bottom of the Sharing Dock.
- Insert the SIM card into your Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB Stick, and then insert the Mobile Broadband USB Stick ﬁ rmly into the connector on top of the Vodafone Mobile Broadband Sharing Dock.
- Plug the Sharing Dock into the mains supply, switch the power on and switch the Dock on using the power switch on the back of the device. The power LED on the front of the Dock will come on.
- The Sharing Dock will automatically connect to the Mobile Broadband network via the Mobile Broadband USB Stick when it is powered on and when you are in home network coverage (not roaming). The 3G Connectivity LED on the USB Stick will show the type of network connection that has been established.
- Should the SIM card in the Mobile Broadband USB Stick require a PIN code to be entered (or if there is an issue with the Mobile Broadband coverage), please open a web browser and you should be redirected automatically (if you already have a default home page set up in your browser) to a screen where you can enter the PIN code. If you are not automatically redirected, you can access the Sharing Dock conﬁ guration screen by typing either http: //192.168.0.1 or http://VodafoneMobileBroadband.SharingDock into your web browser (only if you are already associated / connected to the sharing dock via WLAN or via an Ethernet cable).
- The Sharing Dock WLAN functionality is automatically enabled upon power on, but you will need to create a one-time association / connection between your WLAN-enabled device (PC, Gaming device etc) and the Sharing Dock. This association should be used automatically in the future depending on the setup of your device.The association can usually be created by browsing for available WLAN networks on your device and using the Sharing Dock security details to set up an automatic WLAN connection.
You will need your WPA2 Key and SSID for your initial connection to the Sharing Dock.Use the normal WLAN application on your computer or device to connect. Select the network VodafoneSharingDock_ x x x x y y from the list of available WLAN networks and click Connect. The x x x x y y represents a randomly generated set of numbers and letters which will differ per device.
For More Details On Vodafone Mobile Broadband Sharing Dock, Read User Guide
To use the Vodafone Mobile Broadband Sharing Dock you need a Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB Stick, a device with WLAN capability (supporting WiFi 802.11 b/g/n) and an internet browser.