Server2Go is a portable web application server that comprises of Apache, PHP, SQLite, MySQL and Perl. You can use it as a portable web development environment. Server2Go allows you to create a standalone working web site or PHP application on a CD-ROM.
Web applications based on Server2Go can be used directly from cd- rom, a usb stick or from any folder on a hard disk without the hassle of configuring Apache, PHP or MySQL.Most PHP-Software such as the content management system Joomla or the computer based training software Moodle can be used from CD-ROM with Server2Go.
- Free and open source available.[advt]
- Complete WAMPP Server-Stack.
- Runs directly from CD-ROM, USB Stick or Hard disk without installation.
- Full featured webserver.
- PHP 5.x support with many extensions installed.
- Supports SQLite databases.
- Support for MySQL 5 Databases.
- Supports many PHP extensions.
- Support for Perl 5.8.
- Auto shutdown of the server software after the browser is closed.
- Starts up a browser with the autodetected hostname and port.
- Runs on all versions of Windows from Win 98 and above.
- Browsers support-Build-in support for the most common browsers including Internet Explorer 6 and 7, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari, Camino etc.
You can download and use Server2Go for free and you don’t have to pay any royalty charges when distributing an application on CD-ROM that uses Server2Go.