RetroShare is a Open Source cross-platform, private and secure decentralised communication platform. It allows you to securely chat and share files with your friends and family, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all communication. RetroShare provides filesharing, chat, messages, forums and channels.
- Reliable Identification and Authentication of your friends.
- Plus an Introduction Scheme which connects you to the friends of your friends, and facilitates network growth.
- Encrypted Communication, ensuring all shared information is known only to you and your peers.
- A Communication Platform which can potentially support services such as Secure Email, File Sharing, Streaming, Video or Voice over IP, Photos, Wall and Messaging
- A Decentralised Social Sharing Network designed For the People with no dependancies on any corporate system or central servers.
Why use RetroShare:
You want to chat and share files securely with your friends
Only your friends will be able to see and download files that you share.
RetroShare is serverless, which means – unlike other messengers, you don’t need to register, complete annoying registration forms and receive tons of ads. Sending a key to your friend by e-mail is enough to set up your own IM network. This also means no IM spam, because people you didn’t invite absolutely cannot connect.
RetroShare is encrypted, meaning high privacy: nobody, including your ISP, can see what files you’re sharing.
You need secure instant messaging and files exchange for a small workgroup.
RetroShare encrypts all connections, which means every bit of data is encrypted end-to-end. Unlike other products using self-made weak encryption, RetroShare uses a special version of industry standard Openssl library, trusted by banks and other organizations.
Absolutely no vendor lock-in: you own your RetroShare network. There is no 3rd party vendor whom you have to pay, or who may go out of business and force you to migrate to another product.
- serverless, encrypted Chat & Filetransfer
- Multiple simultaneous downloads / uploads
- Search Friends
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- GnuPG Authentication
- [advt]OpenSSL Encryption
- Plugins support
- Graphical User Interface written with Qt4 toolkit
- System tray integration