Q10 is a powerful and simple text editor built and designed with writers in mind. Press F1 inside Q10 to read the help card. It focuses on your work with Full-screen. It provides live text statistics that is Word, page and character counts are updated live as you type. Keep track of the extension of current chapter or see how much content you’ve produced in the current writing session. You’re free to use partial counts as you like: up to four counters with customizable labels and units: words, pages, lines, paragraphs or characters.
- Programmable page count formula: Specify what formula to use for page count calculation. You’re not constrained to the 250 words per page rule anymore.
- Customizable look and paragraph format: Change the colors, line spacing, first line indent, paragraph spacing, font…
- Perfectly portable: Easy to use with a pendrive, so you can carry your writing environment with you everywhere. Q10 will remember the last file you worked on, even if the drive letter assigned to your pendrive changes from computer to computer.
- Easy to use timer alarm: Perfect for timed writing sessions and word wars. When the time is over, it will tell you how many words you wrote in that period.
- Spell checker: You don’t make mistakes. You know it. But many people do, and Q10 lets them check their spelling.
- Notes: Any paragraph starting with “..” is considered a note. You can get a list of all notes in the current document and jump instantly to any of them.
- [advt]Target count: Displays completed percentage. You can choose units: words, pages, lines, paragraphs or characters. If NaNoWriMo is your thing, this is for you.
- Autocorrections and quick text: Unlimited autocorrection entries to fix on the fly those persistent typing errors. Unlimited quick texts list for frequently used words or phrases, like character names, places, etc.
- Typing sound effects: Get that typewriter feeling again. For the trivia lovers among you, the typing sounds were taken from the movie “Amélie”.
- Autosaving: You can ask Q10 to save your work after some number of new paragraphs or after some time has elapsed. If you’re really paranoid, set Q10 to save every paragraph.