Open Computer and Software Inventory Next Generation (OCS inventory NG) is free software that enables users to inventory their IT assets. OCS-NG collects information about the hard- and software of networked machines running the OCS client program. OCS can be used to visualize the inventory through a web interface. Furthermore, OCS comprises the possibility of deploying applications on the computers according to search criteria. Agent-side Ip Discover makes it possible to know the entirety of networked computers and devices. It is multiplatform. The dialogue between OCS client machines and the server is based on the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and the formatting of the data is done in XML.
- Do you know all devices connected to your IT network ?
- Do you know which software or hardware component is installed on a computer ?
- Are you able to deploy softwares or configuration scripts on your computers ?
Discover the power of OCS Inventory NG
- Relevant inventory information.
- Powerful deployment system allowing to distribute software installation or scripts on computers without overloading the network.
- Web Administration Console.
- Multiple operating systems support, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, *BSD, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, HP-UX, MacOS X.
- Lightweight bandwith usage: 5 KB for a full Windows inventory.
- High performance: about 1 000 000 of computers inventoried per day using a server bi-Xeon 3 GHz and 4 GB RAM.
- 3-Tier architecture using current standards, HTTP/HTTPS protocol and XML data formatting.
- Based on well known products such as Apache web server, MySQL database server, PHP and PERL scripting languages.
- Web service accessible through SOAP interface.
- Plugins support through API.[advt]