A new version of Nokia Ovi Suite beta has been released with enhanced key parts of Nokia Ovi Suite to make sure they are easy and efficient to use. For example, updating your phone software and mobile apps takes place more easily and you can now update both in one go.
When you choose to download something from the Store through Nokia Ovi Suite, the download link is sent to your phone. You can then go on to download the selected item directly to your phone. This saves some of your valuable time and there’s no need to open a web browser on your desktop anymore.
Then there are the new additions. You can see the results of your latest sync in the Sync log view. The results include all the details that were added, updated or deleted during the sync, in addition to the information where each of these changes took place. Keeping track of your map downloads is now easier than before, too, as you can view your download queue by clicking Downloads in the Maps view.
[advt]And, if you feel that sending text messages to groups is something you’ve been missing, you’ll probably be happy to know that creating contact groups is possible in the Contacts view. Sending messages to all the members of a specific group is then simple to do in the Messaging view.
Creating the connection between your phone and computer and syncing content between the two have been improved. You might also like to check out the fine-tuned playback of high-definition videos. Playing your videos with Nokia Ovi Suite is now smoother and nicer than ever before.
New Features Added
- Updating your phone software and mobile apps takes place more easily. Now, you can update both in one go.
- Downloading apps, games, and more from Ovi Store is now even simpler. When you choose to download something from Ovi Store through Nokia Ovi Suite, the direct link to the selected item is sent to your phone. You can then go on to download the item using your phone. There’s no need to open a web browser on your desktop anymore.
- Viewing the results of your latest sync is now possible in the Sync log view. In this view, you can see all the details that were added, updated or deleted and where each of these changes took place.
- Syncing with Microsoft Outlook has been improved with critical fixes. We’ve put lots of effort into this and we’re looking forward to your feedback on the results.
- Creating the connection between your device and computer is now more reliable.
- Sending text messages to groups is now possible. You can create contact groups in the Contacts view and easily send messages to all the members of a specific group in the Messaging view.
- Playing high-definition videos captured with your phone takes place in a more optimised and smooth way.
- Keeping track of your map downloads is easy. Click Downloads in the Maps view to view your download queue.[source1, source2]