Nokia Beta Labs introduced Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta with improved stability, syncing and the experience with downloading maps. Installation and first-time use have been optimized to reduce the steps needed to take Nokia Ovi Suite in use. Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 Beta has a new Home view, and integrated Nokia music experience with the millions of tracks available on Ovi Music even more closely to Nokia Ovi Suite.
The home screen has been redesigned and it offers you ideas on new apps and music on Ovi. You’ll get recommendations for apps that are available for your phone, and you can click your way straight to the app store for more info and download. You’ll also get recommendations for music on Ovi based on music you’ve played on Nokia Ovi Suite. Also, important notifications about software updates and backup will be shown in Home view.
Music has evolved from a sync tool into a music management system, with a full play console. You can manage your music collection, create playlists and transfer music to your phone by simply dragging and dropping tracks, albums and playlists to your device. You can also search, preview and download new music on Ovi.
What is Nokia Ovi Suite?
Nokia Ovi Suite allows user to easily sync contacts, calendar, messages, photos, videos and music with Nokia device. Additionally, Nokia Ovi Suite lets you download free country maps to your Nokia device, backup the contents of their devices to the PC, tethering (device acts as a modem to connect the computer to the Internet), updating the device software, among other things. Nokia Ovi Suite is replacement for Nokia PC Suite and is integrated with the “Ovi” brand of services.
Nokia Ovi Suite has got the following features
- Photos & Videos
- Software Updates
- Phone Backup and Restore
Nokia Ovi Suite can perform a complete backup of the phone contents to a single file. This file uses the .nbu file extension, and this file format does not appear to be open/documented. The only official way to gain access to the contents of the backup is to restore it to the phone using nokia ovi suite, however, there are third-party programs that can read these files with some success, like the open source NBU Explorer and the shareware Noki.
What’s new in Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0
A new Home view
- Get quick access to your content and to sync
- View recommended apps and games from Ovi Store
- View recommended music from Ovi Music
- Receive notifications to update your phone software and to back up your phone
- Connect to the internet without a fixed connection or WLAN
Introducing Ovi Music
- Get full control of playback
- Discover and download your favourites from the millions of tracks available on Ovi
- Drag music to and from your phone
- Have access to your Ovi Music Unlimited account
- Get all the features you need in Nokia Ovi Suite – no need for a separate player
- Experience the faster and simpler installation
- Delete individual maps from your phone, download maps with greater reliability
- Enjoy improvements to syncing and stability[source1, source2]
Nokia Ovi Suite 3.0 beta (Nokia Beta Labs)