MoonEdit is a multiplatform text editor for collaborative editing over the Internet. It supports visible cursors for each user, editing history, and keyboard sounds to let you know when other users are typing.
Every co-author can edit the shared document at any time, from any place, and at the same time. There is no need to send files via FTP or to compare documents when multiple users need to make changes to it independently.
You can check out what other users have changed since you were away. It uses “ME” technology that use local prediction code. You can use a dedicated standalone server to share a whole directory of text files. It allows Remote users can then edit these files using the “me” client at the same time.
- Cooperative multi-user text editing over the internet.[advt]
- Multiple text cursors visible on the screen.
- Remote text editing without latency.
- Users can view the history of changes from a multi-user edit session.
- Keyboard typing sound simulation.
- Built-in calculator and music sequencer.