There have been many questions around, asking various options to unsubscribe or mute daily SMS messages from the mobile number 9870807070, the Google SMS Channel number.
Many of our readers has been asking this for a while: How to unsubscribe from daily messages sent from 9870807070, the Google SMS channel number?
- How do i unsubscribe some of the selected channels?
- tell me how to unsubscribe for all the channels from mobile?
- how can i subscribe from all channel i want to unsubscribe from all with 1 message how can i do that?
- I Wish to unsubscribe TECH ALERTS from the mobile no- 9870807070
- i dont want want any messages from this no.9870807070. please unsubscribe this no.
- pls unsubsribe from techalerts …i dont need.
- I Wish to unsubscribe freshersjobs alert from the mobile no- 9870807070…
- I want to unsubscribe from sms service from 9870807070. i know the way i.e. sms off channel name but i don’t know the channel name? please help.
Here are the answers to your questions, gathered from Google labs help pages.
How do I unsubscribe from a channel?
To unsubscribe from a channel, go to the My Channels tab on the web front end. For the channel you’d like to unsubscribe from, simply click the ‘Unsubscribe’ button. Logon with your Google account and password.
To unsubscribe using your phone, SMS ‘OFF <channel name>’, to 9870807070 where <channel name> is the name of the channel.
For example, send the following SMS to 9870807070 to unsubscribe from GoogleNews channel: OFF GoogleNews
Do Not Disturb (DND) feature
If you do not wish to receive any SMS from 9870807070, then send one of the following commands dndon OR donotdisturb OR nodisturb to 9870807070.
If you want to start receiving SMS and had previously set the DND on, then send a SMS with dndoff to 9870807070.
How do I change my registered mobile number?
To change your number for this service, follow the steps below:
1. Login with your gmail ID to labs.google.co.in/smschannels
2. Click on the ‘Settings‘ tab
3. Next, beside your mobile number, click on the link that says ‘Remove phone number‘
4. Fill in your new number and submit it
5. You will receive a verification code on the new number. Enter the code on the web page, click the ‘I Accept’ terms box, and then, click the button ‘Save changes’
How do I contact the channel owner?
Sorry, but at this point in time, the functionality to contact the channel owner does not exist.
How can I report abuse or spam in a channel?
You can report abuse by clicking the ‘report as inappropriate’ button online next to a channel. You can also report violation of policy by simply replying the ‘flag ‘ on SMS to a message you received from the channel.