I have a new mobile phone number. How do I change my cell phone number in Google SMS channels to keep receiving messages?
There are cases when you would have registered to Google SMS channel services with your old mobile number and you recently changed to a new cell phone provider. Since you did not update Google SMS channel with your new number, you were not receiving any updates from SMS channels like TECKUPDATE. So, what should you do in order to get SMS alert messages delivered to your new cell phone number? Follow the steps below.
- Login with your Google account to Google SMS Channels website at labs.google.co.in/smschannels. This should be the same email id with which you have subscribed to SMS channels earlier.
- Click on the Settings tab on the top right of the screen.
- Your old mobile number will be displayed here. Click on the Remove phone number link and enter your new mobile number when asked.
- If you wish, you may update the Nickname, Maximum messages per day, Start time and End time also in this screen.
- A verification code will be send to your new mobile number.
- You have to enter the verification code in the web page and click Accept check box.
- Save changes.
Now all messages from your subscribed channels will be received in your new mobile number. Enjoy SMSing!