You can sort both the order of folders and albums in your Picasa folder list, as well as the way your photos are sorted within a folder or album.
To adjust the way your photos are sorted within a folder or album, please take the following steps:
- From the folder list, click on the folder or album that you’d like to re-order.
- Click the Folder menu or the Album menu.
- Select Sort by.
- Choose to sort your photos by the following options: Name, Date, or Size. To reverse the sort order of name (Z to A), date (oldest to newest) or size (largest to smallest), just hold down theShift key when you make your selection.
To change the order of your photos manually, you can also drag and drop photos to your desired location.
Sort folders and albums
To change the order of your folders and albums in the folder list, follow these steps:
- Click the View menu.
- Select Folder View.
- Choose from the following sorting options:
- Creation date: Newest to oldest.
- Recent changes: Most recently updated first.
- Size: Largest to smallest, by the amount of hard drive space taken up.
- Name: Alphabetically, A to Z.
You can also access the sorting options by clicking the pull-down arrow menu in the button bar above your folder list, next to the folder structure buttons. [source]