Orkut users may unwillingly infect their computers with viruses, spyware, adware, and other unwanted junk. This can result in strange behavior, such as sending unintended scraps to friends that may even disseminate more viruses. To help prevent this from happening, google recommends the following safe practices:
* Don’t click on any link you suspect to be malicious, even if sent by someone you really trust.
* Never select the “remember me” option when you’re using a public or shared computer.
* Scan your computer regularly for viruses, spyware and adware.
* Never run any script while logged into orkut, no matter what it claims to do. Usually you will be asked to copy and paste a code in your web browser, remember to never do so!
* Always check your browser’s address bar to make sure you enter your sign-in information only on www.orkut.com and other Google properties.
* Change your password regularly and keep it secret.
Google will never send you spam emails asking you to download anything or to send us personal information, such as your password or bank account information. [source]