Follow the steps below to change your mobile network service provider to another without changing your mobile number, using Mobile Number Portability.
- Type PORT Your 10-Digit Mobile Number and send to 1900 from your mobile number.
- You will receive an SMS with the UPC (Unique Porting Code) from your current service provider, instantaneously.
- Go to the nearest customer service center of the new service provider you would like to change to.
- Apply in the prescribed application form. Fill the UPC in the application code.
- You need to have an identity proof and address proof as required by the mobile carrier for new sign-ups.
- Porting has to be completed within seven working days.
- The porting charge is Rs. 19, to be paid to the mobile provider.
- Post-paid subscribers have to make sure that their last bill has been paid.
- For pre-paid subscribers, any balance amount left will not be carried forward when the number is transferred to the new service provider.
- After porting, you will have to wait for at least 90 days before you can change your operator again.
Be the first to comment