Hedgewars is a free and open-source game and is based on the Worms series. It is similar to Warmux, another open-source clone of Worms. Hedgewars is cross-platform and so runs on Linux, BSD, Windows, and Mac OS X.
Hedgewars is a turn based strategy, artillery, action and comedy game, featuring the antics of pink hedgehogs with attitude as they battle from the depths of hell to the depths of space.
As commander, it’s your job to assemble your crack team of hedgehog soldiers and bring the war to your enemy!
- Hilarious and devistating turn based combat for up to 6 players
- Both local and network multiplayer, with optional AI opponents
- Battle on an infinite number of randomly generated maps, with over 20 environments
- Utilise 47 (and counting) devistating weapons! Including the piano strike and explosive robotic cake
- Play the game your way, with 18 different game modifiers, tweak almost every aspect of the match
- Customize your team, with over 120 costumes, 30 graves, 12 forts, 100s of flags and unique voice packs
- Huge battles with up to 48 hogs
- Play both singleplayer and multiplayer minigames
- Plugin your own custom maps, costumes, and other artwork
[advt]Teams are composed of pink hedgehogs, which can be customized with different voices, gravestones, forts, and hats. Names of teams and individual hedgehogs can be changed as well . Several players can play together, typically each using one team. Four game modes currently exist. The game can be played in tutorial mode, against an AI team, locally against another player on the same computer, or online.
Hedgewars is also available as a portable tool
With the Portableapps.com platform, you can run Hedgewars tool from USB flash drive, without needing to install the software in your computer.