NetSafe is a unique online payment solution from HDFC Bank, that offers you complete security while shopping on the Internet. With NetSafe, you can shop online through a virtual credit card, without revealing your actual HDFC Bank Credit Card number. You can continue to use your HDFC Bank Debit Card as well for online purchases.
How does it work?
With this secured credit card or debit card application, you create a virtual card (NetSafe Card) from your HDFC Bank MasterCard or Visa Credit / Debit Card Number. You can then use this virtual card number at any online merchant site and complete your shopping with security and ease. You an set your own limit for the card.
- [advt]Your HDFC Bank credit / debit card number is never used on the merchant website.
- The NetSafe card you create is a one time use card.
- You can set your own limit for the NetSafe cards you generate.
- You can use it on any merchant website that accepts Master Card / VISA payment cards.
- It ensures a completely safe and secure online shopping experience.
- All purchases you make with NetSafe Cards will appear on your statement, just like any other transaction.
3 Steps to Secure Shopping – THE NETSAFE WAY
Step 1 : One time Registration
NetSafe requires a one-time registration. After accepting the Terms and Conditions, you will need to key in your Debit / Credit card number , your ATM PIN (or key in the CVV value and date of birth for Credit Cards) and the date of expiry of your card. You can then generate your own Login Id and Password after adding your personal details. The Registration process is complete and you can Login to NetSafe.
Step 2 : Your first NetSafe card
Create a NetSafe card drawing funds from your existing HDFC Bank Debit or Credit card accounts . All you need to do is specify the account to be debited and the required value(limit) of your NetSafe card.
Step 3 : Shopping with NetSafe
You can use your NetSafe card to make purchases online in 2 ways
Copy the NetSafe Card Number as the Card Number required in the payment screen of your shopping site.
Download the Plug-In during the Registration process.
So, shop away at your convenience without worries of sharing your original card number. [source]