AC3Filter is a high quality free directshow filter designed for real time audio decoding and processing. It is free and open source software.
AC3 Filter can decode audio formats like AC3, DTS and MPEG. It supports multi-channels and provides digital outputs. It is possible to upmix any audio source to 6 channels and down-mix any audio track to any number of channels. It can encode any audio source to AC3 and send it over SPDIF to the receiver.
- Decoding of AC3/DTS/MPEG1/2 Audio Layer I/II formats
- Support of DVD, AVI/AC3, AVI/DTS, WAV/AC3 and WAV/DTS
- Audio processing for any source
- Decomposition of any source to 6 channels
- Full information about audio track format
- Support of SPDIF passthrough mode
- Multi-channel audio output from all sources on SPDIF
- Per-channel amplification for all input/output channels
- Per-channel delays (for compensation of distance difference to speakers)
- Automatic gain control
- Dynamic Range Compression,( DRC)
- Level indication for input and output channels
- Matrix mixer and ability of direct modification of mixing matrix
- Dolby Surround / Pro Logic / Pro Logic II downmix