Foobar2000 is a free audio player with low memory footprint and native support for most popular audio formats. It includes replay gain, audio normalization, equalization, and more. Play list display and keyboard shortcuts are both very customizable.For editing song information, the program can edit song tags based on the FreeDB.
- [advt]Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
For editing song information, the program can edit song tags (album and song name, number, year, etc.) based on the FreeDB Internet database and even rename the original songs based on these tags. A file format conversion tool is available, but must be enabled with external downloads and can even fix some MP3s with bad file headers.Windows 2000 is no longer supported but users can download the last compatible version 0.9.4.